Tuesday, January 20, 2009

SO VERY PROUD OF MY STUDENTS...

"I stand here knowing that my story is part of the larger American story, that I owe a debt to all of those who came before me, and that, in no other country on earth, is my story even possible."
-President Barack Obama

I am sitting in a classroom of 28 students--African American, Caucasian, Hispanic, Asian. Christian, Jewish and yes ,even a Muslim girl. I am proud beyond words to see them sitting rapt watching the President of the United States-Barack Obama, and spontaneously clapping, and then standing up for the National Anthem without being asked. These are seventh graders, hard to impress, way too cool, and sometimes very self-centered and they were moved.

I'll be back later with news of Jia's first day of school and Anna and Katies first day in new classes.

God Bless President Obama!

No comments: