Tuesday, January 20, 2009

IT'S SUCH A BEAUTIFUL DAY!

OUR PRESIDENT!

The Obama Girls!

Little Obama girl on her way to her new school!

You know I am an awesome shopper when I can find a Chinese Obama shirt!


My Lunch Buddies minutes before we jumped up and screamed

My students who brought me to tears

Whew, don't look at that chin. Trivia fact: Obama and I are the exact same age....Can you imagine ME as president? What a scary, scary thought.

"The time has come to reaffirm our enduring spirit; to choose our better history; to carry forward that precious gift, that noble idea, passed on from generation to generation: the God-given promise that all are equal, all are free, and all deserve a chance to pursue their full measure of happiness,"
-PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA

There is great happiness all the way around in the Parnham house tonight. Here is an overview:

Katie: Loves her new teachers, thinks her favorite will be Art, (their assignment today was to sketch a portrait of Barack Obama and the teacher said Katie's was very good).

Anna: Teachers were great, thinks her favorite will be Honors English. Really happy that there is beef stew in the crockpot.

Jia: Loves her new teacher and her new school. She gets to sit at a table with another little Asian girl. The teacher is not the one we asked for, but Jia seemed very happy and said that "this school is better". She got to be picked up from school by her sisters and walked home! And to make it even better she has soccer practice tonight.

Drew: ditto on the beef stew.

Lesa: All my girls are happy, and can you tell I might be a little pleased that Barack Obama is the president of the United States?

1 comment:

Chelley said...

I live in Australia and they showed here on our morning TV....

I was very moved and found my self with tears....