Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Black Friday....

No pictures here, but Anna and I had quite a shopping adventure on Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving, when stores offer fabulous (?) deals in hopes of finally going from the "red" into the "black".) Let me preface this story by telling you there really wasn't anything we wanted or needed, we just wanted the experience.

Anna and I decided that if we went to sleep we would not wake up so we pulled an all-nighter. We tried to shake Katie from her slumber at 3:oo--no deal. At that point we were out of here! First stop was the convenience store for coffee (mom) and hot chocolate (anna) after all it was 50 degrees out. Then on to the post office to mail some of Mom's ebay sales. Since we were still waiting for the big stores we hit Walgreens...

Then it was time! JC Penney's opened at 4 and we were there to get our free gift!!!! Total purchases - zero.

After that we walked the mall until 5 and then it was time for Macy's whooo hoooo! We actually bought Katie a gift there, but she reads this so we can't say what it was.

We departed the mall at 5:30 and headed for the big gun, our fav store --TARGET. There was a line all the way around the building and we joined it. At this point we had egg sandwiches and Red Bull (for Mom) and Gatorade (for Anna). We had a plan for Target as we really did intend to shop there. Anna's job was to get to the DVD section and I was headed for toys....Anna did her job well, but I was side-tracked...

I got into the store and saw dozens of people running (I mean flat-out running) down an aisle. Senior citizens, Moms, teenagers, children. Being the shopper that I am, I figured that if people were running for this mystery item I better run too--and get at least one!

Turned out to be flat-screen tv's -small ones. We don't need one, but I was caught up in the frenzy , so I grabbed one. A nice lady offered me a cart and I proceeded to call home to wake up Drew (who had no idea we had even left the house). All Drew said was "Lesa, put it down".
Lucky for me Anna kept her head together and picked up the items we needed.

Staying up all night...I'm too old for it, coffee AND Red Bull...way too much caffeine, adventure with my Anna Banana....priceless xoxoxoxoxo

PS. When Drew woke up he went to his favorite store ...Costco and bought a 600" flat screen tv, and proudly told me that he would only have to cut some small holes in my wall unit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved this little story! It actually made me wish I had done the same. My boyfriend and I went out around 3PM and soon declared ourselves incompetent to shop on Black Friday and went home.