Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Against everything I stand for...

The girls with the Charlie Brown Tree

Jia's idea of a fine decorating job. Almost put Katie over the edge.

Sweet Sisters

Bella Blue figuring out how she is going to knock over the tree

A quick cure for doggy breath


Jia and Mom at the tree stand

Our family loves to decorate for Christmas. I collect ornaments, not only beautiful ones, but ones from everywhere someone in our family visits, the trips to Santa from the time Katie and Anna were one month old (thank you Rita and Mike) until last year, and the precious ones made by my daughters.

We had three trees last year and decided this year that we would need a fourth. We became adventurous and actually went to a tree stand and bought a little tree. It is rather Charlie Brownish be we liked it....

At this point, let me tell you that I am a huge Christmas tree snob. There are certain rules and the biggest one is...NO COLORED LIGHTS.....never, ever....Aren't the lights supposed to signify to stars of Bethlehem?

Well.....standing in the row at Walgreens I had three sad pair of eyes looking at me and begging for "the colored ones Mama". I felt like a big grinch....and so, we have a little tree, right smack in the front of our house with colored lights and tacky balls. My kids are happy...that's all that counts. (Plus I have 3 more trees to go, all of which will have little white stars.....)

No comments: