Monday, January 17, 2011

"...UNTIL JUSTICE ROLLS DOWN LIKE WATERS AND RIGHTEOUSNESS LIKE A MIGHTY STREAM~MARTIN LUTHER KING JR.


What can you say about Dr. King that hasn't already been said? Well, you know me, I always have more to say.

Our President Barack Obama is hailed as the first black president of the United States, and they compare him to Dr. King. Two very great men of peace and integrity.

I may be unpopular in pointing out that President Obama is NOT the first black president of the United States, but the first BIRACIAL president of the United States. Obamas' Mom was Caucasian and his father was African. Still, Dr. King's work paved President Obama's way.

Why would I make this a topic of my blog? Because two of my own beautiful daughters share the President's background. Anna and Katie's birth mom was Caucasian and their birth father was African American.

In this country, President Obama, along with Anna and Katie are considered African Americans. I take absolutely nothing away from those who celebrate the Presidents' ethnicity, but I want to point out to Anna and Katie that as Dr. King paved President Obama's way to history, both men have paved the way for smart, caring, socially conscious women like my gorgeous, daughters to make their own dreams, whatever they may be, come true.

No comments: