Sunday, November 9, 2008

PEACE, LOVE, HOPE & HOMECOMING

TWIN DAY-THEY REALLY DO LOOK ALIKE

IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE THEY DRESSED ALIKE

NOT SURE ABOUT THIS

SILLY POSES-TIME WARP DAY

VERY GROOVY!

FLANAGAN SCHOOL SPIRIT DAY

JIA IS READY TO GO ON HER FIRST FIELD TRIP

ALMOST DONE

YES WE DID!!!!!!!!


This was a busy, but fun week for the girls. It was homecoming week at Flanagan High School and each day had a different theme. The twin day theme worked well in our household! It was the only time in years that I was able to get Anna and Katie to dress even remotely alike. And who knew that those "thing one" and "thing two" shirts would be so well used. The girls also dressed up for "Time Warp" day and were quite impressed that I knew how to tie dye shirts, we won't even talk about the ugly laundry accident Drew had the next day. We also have pictures from Flanagan Day, the girls dressed up in their school colors which are green, black and white. Anna was very proud to be able to wear her soccer jersey.

Jia went on her very first school field trip. The Kindergarten at Lakeside Elementary went to the park to "Safety Town" where she met a police officer, learned how to stop, drop and roll and the most exciting of all, rode in a yellow school bus. The whole class wore "under the sea" theme tee-shirts that their teacher made for them (wow!) .

This was the last week of my gifted class from h*** . It has been awful, more work than a regular college course, very hard, ambiguous directions and now I am anxiously waiting to see if I scored the overall 80% that I need to pass. If I did (please God) I will be able to finally apply for my gifted certificate. I have been working on this non-stop since Jia was in her cast, five classes total, salary increase: 0 dollars......

In closing, what can I say about Tuesday night? I cried like a baby. Our country had immediate hope and pride again. (A note about John Mc Cain; what a gracious, wonderful speech he gave on Tuesday night. A good man, I think, in a no-win set of circumstances). Speaking of good men, did you watch Obama? Did you see his first press conference? What an intelligent and dignified man. I am impressed by the way he thinks things out and then carefully answers the questions at hand. I am so very happy that America did the right thing. YES WE DID!

No comments: