Thursday, July 9, 2009

AN ADVENTURE FOR ANNA, A CHALLENGE FOR LESA

The Dream!

Anna Gator-are her fingers crossed?

The Century Tower-rings every 15 minutes. (Every hour one of the music students runs up the tower and plays classical music).

On campus, one of the class buildings.

Some of the beautiful frescoes on one of the buildings.

A glimpse of Ben Hill Griffin Stadium in the back of the beautiful brick buildings.

Anna - hoping to be part of The Gator Nation!

The infamous "Swamp"

My little Gator girl--where's Tim Tebow when you need him?


The Gator woman in the Swamp!

Our tour guides did an awesome job!

Lesa in "the swamp" I was soaking wet (rained all day)

Jia doing the Gator Chomp in her new cheer leading uniform


We thought the carpet in the hotel looked like the carpet in the movie "The Shining"

Painting the Swamp for next year's Championship!!!!

I am so proud of myself. One of my goals for the summer (with the help of Dr. Frankel and Drew) was to do something "out of the box". My box is pretty small. Drew and I decided that whatever I did I would have to do it quickly, spur of the moment without thinking about it.

WELL I DID IT BIG! I told Anna we were going to the University of Florida (300 miles away) and that she had 10 minutes to get ready! (Katie did not want to go) Within a half hour we were out the door!!!!! Drove through the night to a place I love, Gainesville, Florida.

Drew made a appointment for us to go on an orientation tour and the next thing I knew we were there! I have never driven so far by myself, and as most of you know, I don't even like to leave the house.

As for the trip, like her Mother before her, Anna fell in love with the University. We went on a walking tour of the whole campus, sat in on an informational meeting and also visited the football stadium (National Champs 96,06,08). It was an eye opening experience for her. UF is the hardest University in the state to get accepted to, 85% of the students that were accepted last year had a grade point average of 3.8-4.5

THEN, I had to drive home this morning. That is when my anxiety set in big time, but Anna is one of my "safe" people, so I made it. It was a victory for me. But if I had to do it all over again, I don't think I could.

Anyway, Go Gators!

No comments: