Saturday, May 8, 2010

Thank You...


"Rejoice in all the good things the Lord has given you and your household."
Deuteronomy 26:11

Mothers Day. Everyone who celebrates this day does so in appreciation of their Mothers and Grandmothers, or the women who bore them a child. For me this is a day of gratitude and thanks.

There are two women out there in the world who have given me the treasures of my heart- Katie, Anna and Jia. I do not know anything about them except the fact that their sacrifice has given Drew and I our greatest joys. Our beautiful, miraculous daughters.

I cannot even begin to fathom how hard it must be to sacrifice a child because you know that you cannot provide them with the safety, health and home that they deserve. What a selfless act...

In doing this, two women, one so close and one a world away have given me my Mother's Day, my every day, and in return I have always and will forever take care of "our" daughters.

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."
John 14:18

No comments: