Wednesday, July 10, 2013

One For the Books!

FOR ALL MY FELLOW TEACHERS AND OLD PEOPLE IN GENERAL:
I'm standing in the help desk line at Barnes and Noble today. This 14-15 year old girl in front of me says to the bookseller: "I need a book called Louisa May." The guy actually typed it in!" Me, being the big mouth that I can be said " I think she means LITTLE WOMEN by Louisa May Alcott." She says Yeah, that's the one. The guy looks it up and goes back into the recesses of the library. Meanwhile, I pick up a copy that is on the table right next to the desk and say "I think this is what your looking for" The girl says (whines) "I'm not going to read this it's toooooooo long" Ms. Alcott is rolling in her grave.
A snarky ps. just wondering how much time this kid texts and plays Candy Crush online?
pss. The woman behind me in line asked me to help her find her kid's summer reading book.

No comments: