Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Silver Knight Project!






On Friday, February 17th my sister and I went to Silver Palms Elementary, our old school and Jia's current school, and taught a 5th grade class how to write a children's story. We taught Ms. Padron's 5th grade class, Katie had her when she was in 5th grade.

We brought in little story books so the students could draw and write a story for their reading buddies. I provided a questionnaire that the kids could fill out so they could get an idea for their story.

I had to do this project for my Silver Knight nomination that I received for Journalism. I am representing my school in this category. My mom came up with this project and I got in contact with Ms. Padron about actually doing this project and thankfully, she was thrilled and excited about me doing this with her class. My dad ordered the books for me and on Friday my sister and I went to the school.

In regards to my Silver Knight nomination I have an interview on Thursday with members of the Miami Herald and I will be asked all kinds of questions about my project and my journalism experience.


--Anna :D

No comments: