Monday, April 11, 2011

I Am Still A Teacher!



With my disabilities, this was the month I was supposed to resign from the Broward County School board. I got the letter to sign last week. I also had a request for another leave from last year. I took a chance, figuring all they could say is "no" and I really thought they would.

A few days later I got the news back, they have extended my leave for yet another year! I couldn't believe it!

I had been feeling very sad. A huge part of my identity is being a teacher, and I thought the title was going to be taken away from me.

Please pray for me, that I will be able to return to school in 2012-2013!

2 comments:

Debbie Sauer said...

Here's hoping that you will return to the classroom. We need good teachers, ones who understand and care. My husband , 3 sons and 2 daughter-in-law are/were teachers. I know how hard of a job it is, but YOU CAN DO IT!! Blessings

Lesa said...

Hi Debbie, Sometimes I feel like I could just walk right in there now and other times I can't get out of bed. Either way, I am thankful to God because after being a wife and a mother, being a teacher defines me.